Math Software Grades K-3 Review
What are the Advantages of Using Math Software K-3?
Fostering a strong foundation in basic mathematics can help your child succeed in grade school and will increase their chances for success in higher mathematics and sciences. Building speed and accuracy can help kids gain math confidence and save time while doing homework. Building this strong foundation while young will encourage students to stay focused throughout their many years of study.
Math Software K–3 offers games and amusing activities to help your child become interested in math, and begin to see math applications in their daily adventures. It is also a good idea to get your kids accustomed to using computer applications rather than a game console, since computer skills are necessary for school.
- Boosts Math Confidence – Many grade school students participate in math bees or other math games where students compete against each other. Through drill exercises, kids can increase their speed and compete in class with confidence.
- Provides Quality Entertainment – Most video games offer little educational value. Many math programs have fun animated games that actually entertain and educate.
- Helps with Critical Thinking Skills – Math, statistics and logic requires exceptional critical thinking skills. Math programs can help kids learn how to look for patterns, spatial relationships, sort and categorize—necessary skills to solve unique problems using logic.
- Increases Accuracy – Animated drills and other games can help kids reinforce their knowledge through memorization to achieve a high level of accuracy.
- Builds a Solid Foundation in Basic Math – A strong foundation in the math fundamentals and basic concepts is imperative to support future success in higher mathematics and sciences like algebra, geometry, chemistry and beyond. Basic math skills also help with nonacademic subjects like counting money, estimating tax and interest and so on.
In this site, you'll find articles related to math, as well as comprehensive reviews on Elementary Advantage, Mighy Math Zoo Zillions, etc. and a side-by-side comparison to help you make an informed decision on which math software is right for your child. At TopTenREVIEWS We Do the Research So You Don't Have To.™
Math Software K–3: What to Look For
Quality math software presents all basic math principles and concepts in an entertaining and engaging format. When looking for a program for your child, seek one that not only covers the required subjects, but also matches the preferences of your child. For example, some software offers competitive speed drills while others incorporate classic literature. To be effective, your child must want to use the program, so choose the one that seems to fit your child’s interests the best.
Below are the criteria TopTenREVIEWS used to evaluate Math Software K–3:
Ease of Use
Since this software is for young children, it should be easy enough for kids between four and nine to use with little assistance.
We evaluated the software in terms of the topics covered and the activities offered. Basic math programs for young children should cover the four math fundamentals including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division as well as some conceptual themes.
This rating considers the effectiveness and the applicability of the program. A first–rate math program should help the child to become a better student and increase their problem–solving skills. Additionally, to be effectual, the subjects should be presented in a manner appealing enough to keep kids interested.
Math software for children should not only impart knowledge but should also be amusing enough that kids actually want to play. This rating looks at whether the software includes entertaining qualities such as animated characters, kid themed screens or interactive games.
Math software should include help options such as a help section, FAQs page or tutorials. The manufacturer should offer customer and technical support through an email address or telephone number.
To begin your search for the most effective math software for your little math genius see, our #1 choice, Elementary Advantage.